Sunday, October 26, 2014

Just Normal Happenings

Nothing awesome and interesting happening around the farm these days. Been one of those hum drum spells, with the normal just trudging along all normal like..Cows are still cows, pigs are still pigs. horses are still horses and on down the line. So, that being said, this post will probably be totally boring!
Blu taking root!
Horses having supper

There was also a cool Blood Moon! I sat out with Austin and watched until it was to light for him to take pictures. It was alot of fun, I really enjoy spending time with my kiddos, they are just awesome people.
Picture compliments of Austin Mathis
We are also awaiting calves from two of our girls. Flossie and ClaraBelle are both expecting. Flossie in January February and ClaraBelle we are not so sure. We were thinking October, but so far nothing! I am a bit worried that she is not preggo, but her tummy looks like something is doing somersaults! So cross your fingers!
Mmmmm! Water!

Scratch my neck pleeeeease!

Clara Belle looking all cute!

Is this my good side?!
Eleanor is also growing like crazy! She is almost as tall as her Mama!

Ellie having breakfast

We will also, possibly have little oinkers in February. Wilbur decided that he could not be apart from his honey for one second longer so he broke into Charlottes pen and they had a little couples time! We went ahead and moved her in with him, but alas, his first attempts were for naught, as last week she came back in and well...We shall see!  I will say, Piggy courtship is a bit unsettling as the boar makes a really deep rumble that the sows may find appealing, but it just kinda gives me the willies!

                                       Ignore the wind in the video, it was crazy that day!

There will be more really awesome things happening in the near future, but I just can't share yet! Stealing thunder is just not cool. So I will wait for the Ok to share the news! I will say, so I don't have a million people thinking I am getting more grandbabies, that is NOT it..YET! Although I am always open to anyone who wants to grace us with more grandbabies...
Now I am off to go check on the cast iron I have in the oven, if you like the post, or just want to say hey, feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment