Sunday, December 21, 2014

Memory Lane

Funny how the littlest things can make you take a trip down Memory lane! I made those Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies last week and they turned out pretty good. Now the ones I made last night, not so good, they were gooey and never did set up and get hard. Boo cookies! Thought I might share a quick flashback, hope you enjoy!
When I was about 14 Billy Ray, who is my brother who has gone on to the the Lord, was about 2 years old. He absolutely adored those cookies! Well, ANY cookies! Every day when I would get off the bus he would meet me at the door wanting me to make them for him, right then! He did not want to wait, not even long enough for me to lay down my school stuff! He would say " COOKIES SISSY!! Of course being 2, it did not sound exactly like that, but I knew exactly what he meant, so I would say "No way, cookies are yukky!!" He would get all wild yelling that "NO SISSY!! Cookies are MMMM  MMMM!" while rubbing his little tummy. Of course, if we had the stuff to make those cookies he would soon be all chocolatey and full of cookie goodness. If not, I can tell you we made SOMETHING, and he was right there in the middle helping every step of the way! I think here we are making chocolate chip cookies, lol

Stirring!
My little helper

The part I remember the most, is him sitting on the counter the whole time, watching me make those cookies. Talking his little head off about things that are important to little boys. Then if it were spring we would take a walk down the road where I would brave the briars and brambles to pick March flowers for him to bring back to Mom. To this day those cookies, and those flowers hold a very special place in my heart as they remind me of that little blond boy who waited at the front door each day just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment